A mother’s job is never done – yet we only have one day a year where we stop what we’re doing and dedicate a whole day to showing our appreciation. This should be a day for her to relax, and that relaxation starts with a DIY Mom-osa Bar!
Elevate the traditional orange juice and champagne combo, with different juices, mixers, and garnishes. It’s simple to set up, and is sure to impress your guests (and most importantly, mom!).
What You’ll Need:
- Champagne & prosecco – plan for 6-8 mimosas per bottle, and chill beforehand.
- Ice & ice bucket – keep the champagne on ice before serving, as well as when set up on the bar.
- Juices – choose from a variety like orange, pineapple, and grapefruit.
- P&M Mixers – choose from a variety like Ginger Beer, Peach Bellini, and Blood Orange.
- Club soda – give guests the option of making a non-alcoholic version.
- Garnishes – different variety of berries & fruit wedges.
- Glasses – champagne flutes!
- Signs – let your guests know what each of the ingredients are, and get creative with additional signage for mom!
The best part about hosting with a Mom-osa Bar, is the simplicity. You can prep everything an hour beforehand, and just take ingredients out of the refrigerator when you’re ready for your guests. Then, your guests craft their own drinks, and you’re free to enjoy yourself rather than being stuck with bartending duties!
During set up, remember to:
- Decorate your table – table cloth, fun signage, flowers, & more!
- Chill the bubbles, club soda, and P&M mixers beforehand.
- Slice and divide garnishes into serving cups.
- Pour juices into clear serving glasses.
- Pop the champagne, and shake and open P&M mixers just before guests arrive.
- Have fun!
- Classic Mimosa – orange juice & champagne, garnish with a few raspberries or orange wedge
- Orange Ginger Mimosa – orange juice, P&M Ginger Beer, and champagne
- Pineapple Ginger Mimosa – pineapple juice, P&M Ginger Beer, and champagne
- Strawberry Grapefruit Mimosa – grapefruit juice, champagne, and strawberries
- Pineapple Grapefruit Mimosa – splash of both grapefruit & pineapple juices, and champagne
- Peach Bellini – prosecco & a splash of P&M Peach Bellini
- Non-alcholic Orange Ginger Mimosa – P&M Ginger Beer with a splash of orange juice
This Mother’s Day, give mom what she really wants – a day that starts with champagne!
Cheers, and happy Mother’s Day.